JOY News Descriptions
JOY! News seeks to educate and inform believers of news and current events from a Christian perspective, furthering the Biblical worldview.
“This is a nation that does not obey the voice of the Lord their God nor receive correction. Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth.” – Jeremiah 7:28
We are living in a perilous era, where even the media cannot be trusted. Influential powers, such as politicians, have been observed to have swayed the media into reporting biased news, in favour of such influential powers. This is not only true to local news stations, but is also true on a global and international scale. Many tactics have been utilised, such as fake news, clickbait headlines, and a genuine lack of fact-checking.
In this era where our culture is veering further and further away from God’s order and His truths, it is so important to be aware of what you are consuming and filling yourself with. Proverbs 4:23 warns us to “Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” If you are fed up with so many biased news stations, then it is time to start empowering yourself with knowledge by doing your own research. Do not take things at face-value anymore, especially not news sites. Almost everyone has an agenda or a subjective narrative.
Here at JOY! News, we are utterly sold-out for the Gospel. Our only goal is to do whatever we can to further the Lord’s Kingdom here on earth by educating and informing Christians of a Biblical worldview. We have launched this news site that covers daily Christian news from South Africa, as well as around the globe. We have news items in both English and in Afrikaans. Please make sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter to keep updated and informed with what is going on around the world, from a Christian perspective.
“The Lord gives the word, and a great army publishes the Good News.” – Psalm 68:11
– To strive for excellence and integrity in all things
– To fight the devil and not our brothers and sisters in Christ
– To respect all Christian denominations
– To always seek to unite the Body of Christ
– To evaluate everything in the light of the Bible
– To provoke readers to fulfil the Biblical mandate to be salt and light in society
– To encourage reader participation
– To motivate readers to action
– To be solution-focused
– To take personal responsibility
– To not publish any fake news or misleading articles
Statement of Faith:
– We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
– We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
– We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal bodily return in power and glory.
– We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Salvation by the grace of God alone, on the basis of Christ’s atonement on the Cross alone, received by faith alone.
– We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
– We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; of the redeemed to eternal life, and of them that are lost to eternal damnation.
– We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.