Use joints, bones and muscles to build creatures that are only limited by your imagination. Watch how the combination of a neural network and a genetic algorithm can enable your creatures to "learn" and improve at their given tasks all on their own.
IMPORTANT: This is a simulator and not a game! If you are not interested in the concepts of natural selection, genetic algorithms and neural networks and watching them work together then this is probably not the app you're looking for! Everyone else, please continue reading :)
The tasks include running, jumping and climbing. Can you build the ultimate creature that is good at all of the tasks?
I want to stress again that there are no real objectives. Even if a creature of yours reaches 100% fitness, you don't win anything except for (hopefully) lots of excitement and joy.
IMPORTANT (again): The simulation is pretty CPU heavy so it will crash on most old and/or low-powered devices. If your device does not meet these minimum performance requirements you should NOT download this app!
If you just experience some lag you might be able to improve the fps by lowering the population size in the start menu.
For more information on how the algorithm works behind the scenes and everything else you might be interested in click on the "?" button in the creature building scene.
1.1 Update: You can now save and load your simulation progress.
There is also a Mac & PC version available for download and a browser version for you to try out on the main project website (keiwan.itch.io/evolution).
What's New in 2.0.1
- new default creature "ROO"
- the screen will not go to sleep during the simulation
- minor fixes
- You can now move joints after you’ve placed them
- New optional grid to help you with placing the joints
- Customizable Neural Network size
- Delete saved creatures and simulations
- Option to watch the creatures one at a time while they simulate
- Option to simulate a generation in multiple batches
- Adjustable advanced simulation settings
- more stats about the best creatures
Evolution 2.0.1 APK
File size: 22.32MB
Updated: November 13, 2017
Evolution 2.0 APK
File size: 23.07MB
Updated: August 30, 2017
Evolution 1.1.2 APK
File size: 22.25MB
Updated: June 20, 2017